- Deposit Insurance in Times of Crises: Safe Haven or Regulatory Arbitrage?
- Will a president Macron be able to reform the eurozone?
- Finally, some good economic news from the Eurozone – but will it last?
- Impressions from the Jean Monnet Workshop “Financial Globalization and its Spillovers”
- Benoît Cœuré on Euro Area Exit Options
Tag Archives: deposit insurance
An updated version of this paper has been presented on the 2017 Biennial IADI Research Conference: Designing an Optimal Deposit Insurance System – Theory and Practice, on 1-2 June 2017 at the Bank for International Settlements in Basel. See … Continue reading
Finally, good news from the Eurozone. Unemployment rates fell to 9.5% in February 2017. According to Eurostat, this is the lowest rate since May 2009. The 19 countries that have adopted the common currency are thus returning back to the unemployment level … Continue reading
In a new working paper, co-authered with Stefanie Stefanie Kleimeier and Shusen Qi, we examine the impact of deposit insurance (DI) schemes on bilateral cross-border deposits. Our results suggest that not only the existence of explicit DI, but also DI design features, which reflect … Continue reading