- Deposit Insurance in Times of Crises: Safe Haven or Regulatory Arbitrage?
- Will a president Macron be able to reform the eurozone?
- Finally, some good economic news from the Eurozone – but will it last?
- Impressions from the Jean Monnet Workshop “Financial Globalization and its Spillovers”
- Benoît Cœuré on Euro Area Exit Options
Category Archives: retail banking
An updated version of this paper has been presented on the 2017 Biennial IADI Research Conference: Designing an Optimal Deposit Insurance System – Theory and Practice, on 1-2 June 2017 at the Bank for International Settlements in Basel. See … Continue reading
New Research Paper: The Resurgence of Cultural Borders during the Financial Crisis: The Changing Geography of Eurozone Cross-Border Depositing
This paper, jointly written with Stefanie Kleimeier and Sylvia Heuchemer, has just been published by the Journal of Financial Stability 24(2016) and can be dowloaded here (free access until June 23, 2016). The paper investigates the impact of cultural borders … Continue reading
In a new working paper, co-authered with Stefanie Stefanie Kleimeier and Shusen Qi, we examine the impact of deposit insurance (DI) schemes on bilateral cross-border deposits. Our results suggest that not only the existence of explicit DI, but also DI design features, which reflect … Continue reading
In a recent working paper, co-authored with Stefanie Kleimeier and Sylvia Heuchemer, we provide new evidence on the “resurgence of cultural borders in international finance during the financial crisis”. We show that cultural differences across countries act as invisible borders … Continue reading