- Keynote Lecture on Retail Banking Market Integration and Financial Stability in the Eurozone
- Deposit Insurance in Times of Crises: Safe Haven or Regulatory Arbitrage?
- Will a president Macron be able to reform the eurozone?
- Finally, some good economic news from the Eurozone – but will it last?
- Impressions from the Jean Monnet Workshop “Financial Globalization and its Spillovers”
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: global banking
An updated version of this paper has been presented on the 2017 Biennial IADI Research Conference: Designing an Optimal Deposit Insurance System – Theory and Practice, on 1-2 June 2017 at the Bank for International Settlements in Basel. See … Continue reading
In a new working paper, co-authered with Stefanie Stefanie Kleimeier and Shusen Qi, we examine the impact of deposit insurance (DI) schemes on bilateral cross-border deposits. Our results suggest that not only the existence of explicit DI, but also DI design features, which reflect … Continue reading
Comparative Economic Studies dedicates a special issue to the Maastricht symposium “Global Banking, Financial Stability, and Post-Crisis Policy Challenges” in the June 2014 issue. In this special issue the panelists reflect on the symposium discussions and share their views on the … Continue reading
In a recent working paper, co-authored with Stefanie Kleimeier and Sylvia Heuchemer, we provide new evidence on the “resurgence of cultural borders in international finance during the financial crisis”. We show that cultural differences across countries act as invisible borders … Continue reading